Thursday, June 11, 2009

On dogs and statues in islam

By Hugh Fitzgerald of Jihad Watch.

On dogs and statues in islam

Ibn Warraq once told me that while both Jews and Muslims do not eat pork, Jews are completely relaxed about it. No Jew would run rushing out of a restaurant screaming if he happened to discover that pork was on the menu. But Muslims would, and do. And it is the same with dogs. The hatred of dogs is not rational. It is simply based on the slavish acceptance of Muhammad’s strictures, in a well-known Hadith, in which he is reported to have said: “I will not enter a house in which there are statues and dogs.”

Be sure to read the account of Mary Boyce's observations of muslim treatment of Zoroastrians and their dogs in Iran. These people are blind automatons. Their "religion" is not morally equivalent to Christianity, or any other. I can hardly sit still, so hot does my blood boil when reading what these savages do to innocent dogs...all because they believe their "prophet" declared the animals to be "unclean."

I will be sure to give my own dogs a little extra affection when I get home today.

No comments: