Thursday, June 11, 2009

Holocaust musem shooter a Mensan?

Yesterday I was reading The New Editor's coverage of the shooting at the National Holocaust Museum, and they had a link to the (alleged) shooter's Web site. On the site was a link to the guy's bio, where he claims (among other things) to be a member of Mensa.

This made me curious, so I searched the member directory. I did not find any listing for a James W. von Brunn (or any other variation of his name). I'm not sure if the directory lists only current or active members, or if it includes both active and inactive members. I'd guess that the former is true, and that the guy was just trying to play up his "qualifications." However, he did claim to be a combat veteran and a college graduate, so it's conceivable that he could have been telling the truth. After all, the only qualification for Mensa membership is this IQ score--they don't test for sanity or extreme political beliefs.

No comments: